Monday, March 9, 2009

This week-end was full with activities with the boys, Anna Claire, and a shower for a good friend, Lea Hardy.  The chocolate fountain was Martha's doing and was enjoyed by all as well as the boys.  Anna Claire loves strawberries and she did get to taste the chocolate!  What she really loved was the chicken salad sandwiches.  She actually ate 1/2 a sandwich. 
This is another shot of the good stuff because as you can see below, there was a disaster.  These were the pig-in-a-blanket dish that ended up in the garage.  Now could it have been Martha making a mistake, of course not, it was my oven - according to Martha.  She seems to think that my oven cooks hotter and faster than her gas oven.
Lea and Amy Lock.  Lea is due in Mid may and the guest took turns guessing her delivery date and the weight of Greyson.  The winner will receive a gift for the nearest correct guess.  Somehow I think Chick-fil-A will be part of the winning gift!  Thank heavens for Chick-fil-A!
The boys kept us well entertained during the week-end.  Anna Claire is trying to walk so she is scooting from place to place and loves to transfer from one piece of furniture to another.  That child eats and eats.  The food she put away is unbelievable.  She is on table food and loves it.  We introduced her to her first burger taste from Rush's.  No french fries. Loved Charles' homemade ribs.  We pulled the meat off into small bite size pieces and she just hummed away.  This is what she does when she feeds herself, hums.  When you are feeding her, she doesn't hum but let her feed herself and she hums away.

We let the boys play in the backyard because it is fenced in.  I kept a close eye - well sort of.  I knew they were having great fun throwing their pool toys into the bushes and trying to get them out.  They had tired of using the slide as a launching pad by slamming the toys up the slide so they were flying off the top into the air.  I looked out on them and saw a flower bucket on top of the house.  When I asked the boys how they got the green plastic bucket on the roof, Peyton looked at me and said:  "Mimi, we have a little problem"  Charles could not believe that they had gotten the bucket up there.  He had not seen them launch their toys off the top of the slide.

I had foot surgery back in November, so the boys have watched progress from a boot for 3 months to finally tennis shoes.  They have delighted in seeing Mimi's boo-boo and loved to touch the scar and scream with delight.  They have been warned many times not to step on Mimi's boo-boo or sore foot.  Well, they wanted to see the scar one more time as I was putting them to bed and screaming with delight.  Again, the warning not to step on Mimi's bad foot.  Parker looked at me and asked:  Step on this foot, while pointing to my good foot, and.....before I could answer him, he jumped on my good foot with both of his feet and just stood there with the biggest grin on his face.  Oh, gotta love 'em.

When the boys were little, I taught Peyton to rub heads.  He and I would put our foreheads together and rub out heads back and forth.  He would remember this each time I went to Calif. to see them.  Parker never really got into it.  Well, Miss Priss and I have learned to rub heads and she remembers this each time I see her.  She only does it with me.  She has learned to give sugar and will share her sugar with anyone.  

We were so busy this week-end that I did not have time to take pictures.  Unbelievable.  They will be back Thursday night because we are going to the circus.  Martha will leave them , all 3 of them, with us as she and Chris will finish packing their house.  They have to be out the following week-end.  Do they know where they are going?  Nope.  That is part of the excitement.  Seems as they will be spending several weeks with their friends that moved from Calif to Atlanta.  

1 comment:

  1. The shower was so fun and it was great seeing Martha and her sweet children! Thank you for a great time and some awesome food!! I would love to see any pictures you took because the ones Katie took were all blurry! Have fun at the circus!

    ReplyDelete