Thursday, March 19, 2009






My favorite spring flowers!















A young lady that I tutor.  She was born in Savannah and has that same southern accent that the boys have.  I love to hear her talk.  Her dad is a pilot and she has promised to take me to Europe with them this summer, if I don't make her read!  Every week I have to bribe her with something to get me a ticket on that plane.  Now, I have to bake her dad some cookies and I have to promise to take her to get something to eat while we are in Europe.  She wants to go to MacDonalds - yep, think I can handle that.









Miss Priss walking by herself.  The boys were wanting me to read a favorite book that I used to read to Martha.  "The Giant Jam Sandwich"  They have tons of questions as we read the book.








Buck 'n Bubba's!

Oh the fun we had at that place when Martha was in high school!  We would go every Wednesday night cause that was family night.  When it first opened, you would have to catch a shuttle over to the front door as there were so many people/cars that you had to park your car too far away to walk to the door.  

For those of you who did not grow up in Columbia, Buck 'n Bubba's was a country club that opened at the height of the country dance craze.  Yep, we had the hats!  

Nope, I was not out clubbing tonight.  I was at exercise class and we did the Coper Head Road, Charleston, Charleston Shuffle, Electric Slide, Macarena, and Boot Scootn' Buggie.  Oh, did this bring about memories

1 comment:

  1. I think you mean Bubba-n-Bucks! We went every weekend. So fun and so many memories!!

    ReplyDelete