Wednesday, March 4, 2009


North meets South!

Martha's neighbor is her photographer and we have gotten to be good friends since Martha and Chris moved in.  Sara and Drew have 4 kids and the boys love playing with Jaxson and Ava.  Her older daughter, Alexe loves to play with Anna Claire.  Sara and Drew are from Michigan and I love to tease Sara about being a Yankee every chance I get.

Ex: In the fall or spring when everybody else still has their heat on, you can usually find Sara and Drew entertaining their friends on the front porch with the door wide open.  I tell Sara you can tell she is a Yankee because only they think it is warm outside when all of us Southerners still have the door closed and the heat on.

We have discussed language, like ya'll, food, and dress codes.

Well, Saturday at Miss Priss' birthday celebration, we introduced Sara and her kids to grits! And low and behold, she has not eaten black-eyed peas either.  When I showed Sara the pot of grits, her question was: "Do I just dump them on the plate?  Well of course.  I asked her how she liked them and she said they were pretty good but the texture needed getting used to.  When I told her that you eat grits after you have been sick, she kind of turned up her nose at that one.

Martha nor I bothered to tell her that the pot of grits that we cooked also had milk, cream cheese, butter and cheese as added ingredients.  Can you imagine her surprise when she buys a box of grits and tries to cook them the first time!  Oh, my - sounds alike another chance to tease her

No comments:

Post a Comment