Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm just starting out and on my own as far as creating this blog spot.  Have no idea what I am doing or how this is going to turn out but I am going to give it a try.

Currently, I am sitting in my daughter's house in Ga.  while she and her husband are off to California.  Charles and I are letting the boys and Miss Priss keep us and they are doing a pretty good job so far.

Let's see......woke early this morning with Peyton climbing into bed with me way before dawn.  He was soaking wet so off we go to find dry pjs.  He brought his favorite blankie with him so we didn't have to hunt that down.  Once dry clothes were on, we snuggled down for some sleep....so I thought.  Peyton thought better of that.  He talked and talked and talked.  In a quiet voice and one that I could not understand.  He wanted to wake Parker but held off until he heard Parker get up.  Once Parker joined us, Peyton moved to the other side to give Parker his spot.  Parker snuggled in and said, "I couldn't find Peyton."  Peyton popped up and in formed Parker with "cause I disappeared Parker!"

Miss Priss joined us for breakfast.  Woke her as the 3 pages of instructions told us to do.  Oh, how I hated waking a sleeping baby.  She woke with a smile on her face and joined in with lots of her own words and laughter.  What a happy baby.

When I put Anna Claire, yes she does have a name, down for her morning nap, she did exactly as Martha said.  She crawled to the corner of her crib and went to sleep sitting up!   After she fell over, I did go in and gently straighten her out.  

Lunch was most entertaining.  The boys ate 2 hot dogs apiece, chips, green beans, grapes, and a special surprise from Popa Charles.  Donut holes and chocolate donut.  Miss Priss consumed chicken, carrots, green beans, cheese, a whole jar of baby apple chunks, and yogurtt.  I tried teaching her the sign language for more and she thought that was funny, especially when she had apples in her hands.  Her way of communicating more was to cry every time I tried to cut the yogurt off.  We did a much better job of trying to teach the boys the sign language and Parker was the first to reward us with that sign when Martha and I were feeding him strawberry shortcake while I was out there in Calif. on spring break before they turned one.  Somehow with this third child, we are not as consistent.  Wonder why!


"




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very entertaining weekend with the babies! They do keep it interesting!

    ReplyDelete