Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 2 of our Adventure





It seems that Martha and Chris always leave us with sick "chillen".  Yep, you guessed it.  Peyton came down with a virus, fever and throw-ups.  This is the third time that we have kept the boys and Anna Claire and the third time that the boys have gotten sick.  First was the trip to New York and the boys got the "Roto virus" (before Anna Claire) That little episode infected I think 9 people before it was over with.  Right now my mind is foggy because of lack of sleep so I can't remember #2 but it was the throw-ups again.  This time, so far, only Peyton has gotten sick.  It has been 24 hrs and nobody else has gotten sick so far.  We pray that it stays that way.

Peyton slept with me last night - well, he slept and I stayed awake with all of his kicking, talking in his sleep, waking to see if I was still there and wanting to go find Popa Charles.  Parker joined us at 6:00 and Anna Claire was up by 7:00.

On a more serious note, my mom has had to emergency surgery on her back for 3 compress/fractured vertebra.  Chris's mom is coming in Sat. morning to take over child care until Martha and Chris return Sunday night.  We will head home but I will not be visiting my parents until I fell that I am virus free.  Mom's surgery went well and she is doing fine.  My prayer is that I will get home before the virus strikes me.  I cannot imagine being sick and having 3 little ones and Charles on the loose!  Did I mention that Martha is sick in California so their little trip has not been that great for her either.

Don't know how to get the captions next to the pictures but here is the story behind these shots.  While Charles and I were busy down stairs, the boys were busy upstairs.  They decided that it would be great fun to push their train table over to the book case.  Peyton then took the cord from the sound machine and tossed it over the top of the stairs after he climbed on top of the bookcase. Parker was standing below on the landing trying to jump up and grab the cord.  You can see the distance they had to push the table to get it to the bookcase!  Oh my! No wonder Martha calls me some days almost in tears!


1 comment:

  1. You are seriously a very good Mimi!!!! You have my deepest respect! What a week you have had!!

    ReplyDelete